As your new virtual assistant will be working from how they will need to have a set of guidelines separate to a contract so they know exactly what to do everyday. We have a sample below of what you could give to your virtual assistant-
Please read this carefully as failing to abide by this, may cause no pay, delay in pay, suspension or even termination.
What is expected of you on a daily basis…
1. TIME IN: To start your shift you must do both 2 things in order to “clock in”.
Sign in to all your accounts:
- Time tracking software
2. GOING ON A BREAK Your break must be at the same time everyday, this is very important. Please make sure you take your breaks on time and come back on time. For full time your break should be 4 hours after you start your shift. So to notify direct managers you are taking your break, please mark your Time tracking software account as “On Break” or log out
3. TIMEOUT: Finishing your shift, you must do both the tasks below. Failing to “Clock Off” correctly for the day would mean an investigation into the amount you should be paid for the day, eg, if your last login was at your return from your break than you will not be paid for the last 4 hours of your shift. “I forgot” is not an excuse. To “Clock Off”
- Sign out of time tracking software
- Make a daily report- a small summary of your tasks and sent it to the manager
4. LATE: the Company is not tolerating the anyone being in desk late. The company has this policy that a minute late is a 30 minutes deduction. Strictly no coverups for late.
5. ABSENCES: Every staff can be absent in their shift but this should be done in a proper way. Please be sure to email ahead of time or contact directly via Skype your direct manager.
6. POP UP MESSAGES: Ensure to reply when someone in the management team pop you a message in skype and gtalk. Failure to do this is subject for investigation and a deduction equivalent to 1 hour pay.
7. DAILY REPORT: At the end of your shift, you need to submit your daily task report. In this matter, we, the management as well as your client will be aware on what task you are working on that certain day.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA SITES: All staff are strictly not allowed to open any personal social media accounts while your on work. Just a note that our software used for time tracking, will generate a screenshot every after 3 minutes.
9. BEING AWAY- Put your Time Doctor on “break” and your Skype on “away” whenever you leave your computer.
10. RESPONSE TIME- We have a 3 minute response time in Skype. Failure to meet this may result in a warning and or deduction
Failing to abide by this, may cause no pay, delay in pay, suspension or even termination.
So as you can see this as good example of the basic outline of what you would need your virtual assistant to do every day. This will give there day better structure and give them a good procedure to follow every day keeping them on a schedule and ultimately getting more work done for you and your business.
Interested In Getting Started? Sign up for Remote Staff Recruit today.